Monday, June 15, 2009

Memory Monday

One of my favorite memories of Carter....
One of the best days of my life, October 26th 2006... the day he was born..
I went to the doctor's that morning. He had already told me to pack my bags just in case. I was 4 cm dialated without being in labor.. he wanted out! LoL. So he said he was going to induce me.. 13 days before my due date.
So we go to the hospital, they hook me up.. and the labor starts almost instantly. I get my epidural.. they break my water... I'm only about 6 cm by this time... not feeling anything! woohoo!
I tell everyone that was there to go home it would be a while.. told my sister not to rush from work..
20 minutes later they checked me and I was 10 cm!! I started balling.. "I'm not ready! I wanted to take a nap!" lol..
so I started pushing.. 9:19 pm he was born. 7 lbs 14 oz. 20.5 inches long..my big fatty man. my chunky monkey. my chunk a monk... the love of my life.. what an amazing feeling it was to hold him in my arms for the first time..

No comments: